Join our team
A nonprofit founded in 1976, Tides partners with philanthropists, foundations, activists, and organizations across the country and around the globe to promote economic justice, robust democratic processes, and the opportunity to live in a healthy and sustainable environment where human rights are preserved and protected. Tides offers an array of services that amplify the efforts of forward-thinking individuals and organizations working to make the world a better place. With offices in San Francisco and New York City, Tides provides nonprofit management for 230 groups across the country; creates green nonprofit centers; and has granted more than one billion dollars to nonprofits working for positive social change.
Current openings for positions at Tides are listed below. Please select the position for a full job description and application.
|Accounting Specialist - Fiscal Sponsorship||Finance||Open|
|Senior Legal Counsel||Legal||Open|
|Senior HRIS Specialist||Human Resources||Open|
|Administrative Assistant - temporary||Client Services||Open|
Diversity and Inclusion Philosophy
Selection and Diversity
Employees are selected on the basis of relevant job history, education, experience, and the completion of an application, successful interview, and background and reference check process.
To strengthen our commitment, the Tides Board of Directors adopted the following diversity policy in 2008:
- Tides exists to bring together people, ideas, and resources to break down barriers to the creation, promotion, and sustainability of a healthy and just society. Therefore, diversity is core to the Tides mission. We aspire to develop, promote, and sustain an organization culture and reputation in the communities that we serve as a high performing organization that values, nurtures, and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
- Tides is committed to ensuring the diversity of its board, staff, volunteers, and programming. We accomplish this through leadership, values, policies, and practices. We define diversity in terms of race, gender, religion, culture, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical abilities, age, parental status, and socio-economics. We respect different experiences and cultures across this diversity and will work to create a culture in which diverse people feel supported, recognized, and rewarded in making their best contributions to the mission of our organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides strives to make employment decisions that support inclusion and job-relatedness as an equal opportunity employer. Tides policy prohibits unlawful discrimination in any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions including genetic characteristics and cancer-related conditions, sexual orientation, people with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions, political affiliation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination also includes a perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics.
Disabilities and Reasonable Accommodation
Tides is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Tides will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual (applicant or employee) with a disability, unless undue hardship would result. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact their supervisor and/or Human Resources to request an accommodation. The individual with the disability should specify in writing the accommodation necessary to successfully perform the job. If the accommodation is reasonable, allows the employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully, and will not impose an undue hardship to the organization, Tides will consider, and if appropriate, make the accommodation. Tides may also propose an alternative accommodation(s). Human Resources must approve all accommodation requests.
- Celebrate inclusion and honor multiculturalism
- Actively promote change toward a just, healthy, and sustainable world
- Base their actions on the values of integrity, compassion, excellence, and innovation
- Are committed to social justice and sustainable environmental practices
- Deliver world-class service
- Believe in the benefits of collaboration, not competition.