Tides offers employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
The benefits for full-time regular employees and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week include:
- Medical Insurance - Our medical plans include Kaiser Permanente HMO (CA only) and two CIGNA HealthCare plans.
- Dental Insurance - Our dental plan is administered by CIGNA at no cost to employees.
- Vision Insurance - Our vision plan is administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP) at no cost to employees.
- Life and AD&D Insurance - Tides provides Life and AD&D insurance through CIGNA Group Insurance at 1x an employee's salary, up to a maximum of $400,000. Supplemental life insurance for employees and their dependents is available at the employee's cost.
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability - Administered by Cigna, Short Term Disability coverage provides a benefit equal to 55% of your earnings, up to $1,104 per week for a period up to 12 weeks for Non-CA employees. The plan begins paying these benefits after you have been absent from work for 7 consecutive days. CA employees are eligible for the state disability insurance plan.
- Long-Term Disability - Tides provides Long-Term Disability benefits to provide continuation of an employee's income at 60% of the employee's monthly earnings, up to a maximum of $14,000, when an employee suffers a non-work related injury.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan - Our 403(b) Plan allows employees to defer up to the annual IRS allowable amount. Tides makes a safe harbor matching contribution each payroll period equal to 100% of the first 4% of your pre-tax or Roth salary deferral contributions, plus 50% of the next 2%, up to a maximum of 5% of your salary. Employees enjoy immediate 100% vesting of all funds (employee deferral and Employer Safe Harbor Matching Contributions) from date of eligibility.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care) - Our flexible spending accounts allow our employees to defer pretax dollars for certain eligible dependent care and health care expenses.
- Commuter Benefits - Our commuter benefits allow our employees to defer pretax dollars for certain eligible parking and mass transit or vanpool expenses.
- Vacation - Employees accrue vacation days annually, as follows:
Years of Service
Vacation Accrual Rate
8 or more
- Sick Time - Employees accrue 1 sick day per month, up to 160 hours maximum.
- Paid Holidays - Tides acknowledges 10 holidays per year.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Tides employees and their eligible dependents are entitled to receive various confidential counseling and referral services through our EAP program. Such services include clinical counseling, life management services, financial consultations, childcare consultations/referrals, legal counseling, elderly care consultations/referrals, and assistance in balancing life's affairs.
The above information is intended as a brief outline of the employee benefits program provided by Tides. Tides reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefits and/or benefits plans with or without notice.