Tides offers employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
The benefits for full-time regular employees and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week include:
- Medical Insurance- Our medical plans include Kaiser Permanente HMO and three CIGNA HealthCare plans.
- Dental Insurance - Our dental plan is administered by Ameritas at no cost to employees.
- Vision Insurance -Our vision plan is administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP) at no cost to employees.
- Life and AD&D Insurance - Tides provides Life and AD&D insurance through Standard Insurance at 1x an employee's salary, up to a maximum of $300,000. Supplemental life insurance for employees and their dependents is available at the employee's cost.
- Long-Term Disability - Tides provides Long-Term Disability benefits to provide continuation of an employee's income at 60% of the employee's monthly earnings, up to a maximum of $14,000, when an employee suffers a non-work related injury.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan - Our 403(b) Plan allows employees to defer up to the annual IRS allowable amount.
- 403(b) Employer Defined Contribution Plan - To help our employees save for their retirement, Tides makes monthly contribution to the employee's 403(b) plan, based on the employees' earnings, as follows:
|Years of Service||Employer Contribution|
|10 or more||5%|
The 403(b) Plan is administered by Tides. OneAmerica is the fund sponsor of the Plan. Employees enjoy a 25% per year vesting, and are 100% vested in the plan after they completed 4 years of employment.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care) - Our flexible spending accounts allow our employees to defer pretax dollars for certain eligible dependent care and health care expenses.
- Vacation - Employees accrue vacation days annually, as follows:
Years of Service
Vacation Accrual Rate
8 or more
- Sick Time - Employees accrue 1 sick day per month, up to 160 hours maximum.
- Paid Holidays - Tides acknowledges 10 holidays per year, plus an optional birthday holiday.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Tides employees and their eligible dependents are entitled to receive various confidential counseling and referral services through our EAP program. Such services include clinical counseling, life management services, financial consultations, childcare consultations/referrals, legal counseling, elderly care consultations/referrals, and assistance in balancing life's affairs.
The above information is intended as a brief outline of the employee benefits program provided by Tides. Tides reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefits and/or benefits plans with or without notice.