- Does Tides Foundation accept letters of inquiry or proposals?
Tides Foundation does not accept unsolicited letters of inquiry, proposals or applications for funding. We may post open requests for proposals (RFPs) and/or calls for letters of inquiry (LOIs) related to a specific funding initiative or donor advised fund. For a list of current RFPs and LOIs, please visit the open RFPs section of this page.
- May we apply for funding to a specific donor advised fund?
Individual donor advised funds do not accept applications except where noted on the open RFPs section of this page.
- We received a grant from Tides Foundation in the past. May we renew our funding?
Because of Tides' structure as a donor advised foundation, renewed funding is based on the recommendation of our fund advisors. Please do submit renewal solicitations or other correspondence that you might typically share with a donor to your organization. The only follow-up information Tides requires is a grant report, if the report was a required part of your grant.
- We received a grant from a fund at Tides Foundation in the past and would like to cultivate a relationship with the fund advisor. May we do this?
It is at the discretion of our fund advisors whether or not to contact grantee organizations and we will not share contact information with grantees unless requested to do so by the fund advisor.
- May we meet with Tides Foundation staff to talk about our work?
While we would love to meet you and hear about your work, we are simply unable to honor such requests due to staff time and resource constraints.