Tides Center’s human resources services provide a seamless integration of people, processes, and technology. Our team of HR professionals provides industry-leading HR services so that Tides Center projects can hire, retain, and provide outstanding benefits to their personnel.
The Tides HR team: (l-r) Annie Peterson, Else Tamayo, Jason McMillan, and former Tides staff member Genevieve Brown.
Tides Center’s human resources management includes:
- New hire processing: job offer letters and employee visa authorizations
- Employee changes: salary adjustments, promotions, title changes, FLSA clarification, leaves of absence, etc.
- Separation processing: cause of termination review, final pay arrangements, exit interviews, etc.
- Information management and reporting using employment database (HRIS)
- Full integration with payroll services
- Benefits plan design, development, and administration
- Employee health and welfare plans
- Retirement plan administration: 403(b) and pension plans
- Flexible spending account administration
- Online benefits enrollment: new hire, annual open enrollment, and qualifying events
- COBRA administration
Risk Management & Compliance
- Maintenance of employee personnel records and documentation
- Regulatory compliance (ERISA, FLSA, EEO, and other federal and state regulations)
- HR risk management for worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance
- Compliance-related training for project directors and managers (EEO, sexual harassment, etc.)
- HR policy development including a comprehensive Employee Handbook
- Operations Manual policies and procedures
- Performance management coaching
- Online form and reference material library
- Employee relations consultation
- Conflict resolution
- Grievance handling and administration
- Learn about Fiscal Sponsorship at Tides
- Start a Nonprofit Project
- Form Partnerships
- Launch a Campaign
- Go Global
- Transfer to Tides
- Create Shared Spaces