The Compliance Manager is an organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated self-starter with exceptional communication and prioritization skills and proven integrity. The role will support Tides family of organizations (six entities), reporting to the Associate General Counsel and focusing on legal and compliance departments to manage processes and systems for facilitating federal and state registration and reporting, measure the success of internal compliance processes, and bolster these processes so they better fulfill compliance goals.Learn More and Apply
- You understand and appreciate the impact nonprofits can have in making positive social change.
- Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach (VMA) strongly resonate with you.
- You are energized by the launch of Tides’ new brand identity and website, which represent years of organizational transformation. You want to help leverage our new brand assets to bring Tides into its next stage of growth and impact locally, nationally, and globally by:
- Increasing Tides’ external brand recognition and awareness;
- Amplifying Tides’ voice and influence, and ensuring alignment and integration of brand and messaging;
- Cultivating, growing, and deepening engagement with current clients, stakeholders, and prospects;
- Helping drive new business and strategic partnerships; and
- Protecting Tides’ brand and reputation.
- You have experience developing and implementing a communications and marketing strategy.
- You would bring a diverse professional background, possibly including business development and fundraising experience in the corporate and/or nonprofit social change sectors.
- You are creative, collaborative and can work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Have superb writing/editing and verbal communication skills and project management abilities.
- You are fired up about digital communications and marketing, and are excited to use your energy and expertise in this area to hit the ground running to deliver results.
Senior Accountant - Social Ventures
Social Venture Advisor
- You are passionate about and have demonstrated experience in – client services and the nonprofit sector
- You understand the impact non-profits can have in making positive social change and you are energized by partnering with innovative organizations to accelerate impact.
- You are enthusiastic about organizational and operational excellence in accelerating social change
- You thrive in an action-oriented, agile work environment
- You are comfortable working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams and you are able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- You have the ability to cultivate working relationships and provide internal leadership to unlock resources and increase success for social venture partners
- You can work cross-departmentally to provide excellent service to your clients
Business Development Intern
Tides has a new vision, mission and approach and recently launched a new brand identity and website. Along with these changes, the organization is building a strategic, integrated, leveraged communications and marketing effort to expand our reach, find Tides voice and engage current and prospective audiences.
The Business Development Intern will be based in the Strategic Partnerships (SP) team. In the last year the team has undergone a transformation shifting to a much more focused and proactive outreach approach. The team is increasing its knowledge on the most effective ways to attract new partners, engage existing ones and deepen our understanding of various client segments. In addition, the team is continually scanning for new trends across the social sector, including products, services and other national philanthropic service and fiscal sponsorship providers. The intern will support the team with these activities in the context of the new marketing approach.
The SP team also works to host and co-host specialized events for target audiences so as to make a valuable contribution to attendees. The intern may have the opportunity to support the development of these events and assist in their execution.Learn More and Apply
Tides has a new vision, mission and approach and recently launched a new brand identity and website. Along with these changes, the organization is building a strategic, integrated, leveraged communications and marketing effort to expand our reach, find Tides voice and engage current and prospective audiences.Learn More and Apply
Contract Visual Designer (Communications)
Contract Writer (Tides Advocacy)
We are seeking a writer/content curator for our website and marketing materials as well as blogs and articles. This is a part time contractor role for a 6 month term. This role will require at least 30 hours monthly, with 10 of those hours being on-site meetings and coaching sessions with staff members in San Francisco. We typically establish a contract retainer fee for writing services. Deliverable deadlines will be established in discussion with the contractor and Tides Advocacy staff.Learn More and Apply
The Senior Accountant works with Tides staff to provide financial services and reporting to both internal staff and external clients. This position requires extensive client service related contact. Creating, reviewing, and approval of general ledger journal entries are essential duties of this position. The position will also possess a working knowledge of the NetSuite financial system and will assist in the maintenance of operational policies and practices that facilitate efficient operation and financial management of the organization.
Learn More and Apply
Tides Client Services (CS) Department interacts directly with Tides clients to provide strategic and management services to drive high impact, effective philanthropy and to scale promising social ventures. The Philanthropic Director will be the primary leader for Tides ongoing engagement with existing and new grantmaking clients to respond to, design, and scale clients’ strategic goals. Other responsibilities include: establishing Tides as an expert and connector in key philanthropic ecosystems and issue areas; developing, delivering and marketing a core and enhanced services model for Tides to offer clients; leading Tides’ Affiliate Consulting referral program; contributing to Tides’ communications, voice and influence activities; and coordinating a cross-departmental conference engagement strategy. This position is exempt and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This position can be located in New York or San Francisco.Learn More and Apply
The Accounting Specialist, under the direction of the Accounting Manager, is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of accounts payable and accounts receivable services on a daily basis for Tides fiscal sponsorship operations.Learn More and Apply