Your Acceptance of Tides’ Policies
Thank you for visiting https://tides.org/ (the “Website”), a website of Tides (which consists of Tides Network, Tides Center, Tides Foundation, Tides Two Rivers Fund and Tides Inc. (the foregoing, collectively, referred to as “Tides,” “we,” “us,” or “our”)). Centering equity and justice in everything we do, Tides’ Website aims to educate and inform visitors about ways to shift power to communities of color and other groups historically denied power.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Website may include links to third-party websites. Tides does not operate, endorse or guarantee such third-party websites and has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites, and are not responsible for any practice followed by such third-party website with respect to the collection and processing of the personally identifiable information of their users. In addition, Tides will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party website. By using the Website, you agree that Tides is not responsible for any content, services or products provided by such third-party websites and expressly relieve Tides from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
You agree that your use of any third-party website is at your sole risk and without warranties of any kind by Tides, whether expressed, implied or otherwise, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability or noninfringement. Under no circumstances is Tides liable for damages arising from any transaction between you and any third-party website or for any information appearing on third-party websites.
Modification of the Site
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, some or all of the Website at any time without any notice or further obligation to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of any of the Website
Restrictions on Use
You agree not to:
- Use, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit the Website, or enable or permit others to do the foregoing, for any purposes except for the personal purposes authorized herein, without our prior written consent;
- Engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content (defined below) other than as expressly permitted herein;
- Use the Website for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
- Violate or encourage others to violate our rights or the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights;
- Interfere with the operation or any user’s enjoyment of the Website, including by uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code, or attempting to collect personally identifiable information about users or third parties without their consent;
- Access or copy any Content (defined below) or information of the Website using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or in a manner that sends more request messages to Tides’ servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period or by using a conventional on-line web browser, in each case for any purpose without our express written permission or unless otherwise expressly permitted herein;
- Perform any fraudulent activity, including impersonating any person or entity, claiming false affiliations, or falsifying your identity or any information about you;
- Collect or scrape any personally identifiable information from the Website;
- Solicit any users of the Website for any commercial purposes, or use the communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes; or
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website, or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Content therein.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Tides grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials. Tides reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Website, including (i) the text, software, scripts, documents, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (the foregoing, collectively, “Content”), (ii) the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content contained or displayed on the Website, and (iii) the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned, controlled or licensed by or to Tides, and subject to copyright, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. You may not use such Marks without our prior written permission.
Content on the Website is provided to you “AS IS” for your information and for personal, noncommercial use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever other than as authorized herein without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Tides reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than as expressly permitted herein. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal, noncommercial use, you must retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices contained therein. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership or other rights by downloading or printing any such Content.
Our name, our logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of us or our affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of the Website’s contents.
Privacy and Security Practices
OUR WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Although we seek to maintain safe, secure, accurate, and well-functioning services, we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Website, and there may at times be inadvertent technical or factual errors or inaccuracies.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TIDES AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HEREBY SPECIFICALLY (BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT AND YOUR USE THEREOF. TIDES MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS WEBSITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS OR ANY AND ALL PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE. TIDES DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND TIDES WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL TIDES, OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OR ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
Waiver of Class Action
YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL BRING CLAIMS AGAINST TIDES ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE, OR COLLECTIVE BASIS. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE BE BROUGHT, HEARD, ADMINISTERED, RESOLVED, OR ARBITRATED ON A CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE, OR COLLECTIVE BASIS. ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND DISPUTES OF MORE THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL.
Last Updated on December 12, 2023.