Our approach provides donors with a customized and collaborative path to social impact. Tides advisors work hand-in-hand with our partners to turn their visions into sustainable, justice-driven solutions.
For donors interested in moving beyond standard grantmaking, our strategic advising and consulting services offer a springboard to create innovative strategies and programs that reach across organizations, industries, and communities to drive transformative systems change.
Strategic Advising That Advances Social Justice
By working in collaboration with Tides, our partners have an opportunity to push their philanthropic initiatives further than they could on their own through:
- Grantmaking strategy development
- Philanthropic vision and blueprint
- RFP design and management
- Trust-based philanthropy and participatory grantmaking strategies
Corporate Social Impact Strategies
- Corporate social impact strategy and implementation
- Corporate and nonprofit partnerships and commercial co-ventures
- Corporate employee engagement strategies
Collaborative Programs and Community Engagement
- Collective action and network-based program development and implementation
- Pooled fund development and funder collaborative facilitation
- Grantee and community engagement
- Capacity building program design and management
- Complex and multi-stakeholder program management
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation collaborated with Tides to strengthen its Postsecondary Success strategy focused on advancing equitable student outcomes. Discover how our partnership united organizations from across the US to improve policies and practices dedicated to building more inclusive learning environments and improving graduation rates, especially among students from underrepresented communities.
Our advisors work in deep partnership with justice-minded individuals, families, foundations, and government and corporate partners to match their philanthropic and strategic priorities with social impact. While many of our consulting partners also hold grantmaking funds at Tides, this is not a requirement for engaging Tides’ strategic advising and consulting services.
Leave a social justice legacy
Amplify your foundation’s impact
Build equity-centered initiatives