At Tides, we value the holistic health and well-being of our employees. When you join our team, you’ll receive a variety of benefits, from comprehensive healthcare to paid vacation to confidential counseling, designed to support the passion and energy we look for in our staff.
The benefits for full-time regular employees and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week include:
- Medical Insurance – Our medical plans include Kaiser Permanente HMO (CA only) and two CIGNA HealthCare plans.
- Dental Insurance – Our dental plan is administered by CIGNA at no cost to employees.
- Vision Insurance – Our vision plan is administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP) at no cost to employees.
- Life and AD&D Insurance – Tides provides Life and AD&D insurance through CIGNA Group Insurance at 1x an employee’s salary, up to a maximum of $400,000. Supplemental life insurance for employees and their dependents is available at the employee’s cost.
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability – Administered by Cigna, Short Term Disability coverage provides a benefit equal to 55% of your earnings, up to $1,269 per week for a period up to 12 weeks for Non-CA employees. The plan begins paying these benefits after you have been absent from work for 7 consecutive days. CA employees are eligible for the state disability insurance plan.
- Long-Term Disability – Tides provides Long-Term Disability benefits to provide continuation of an employee’s income at 60% of the employee’s monthly earnings, up to a maximum of $14,000 per month, when an employee suffers a non-work related injury.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – Our 403(b) Plan allows employees to defer up to the annual IRS allowable amount. Tides makes a safe harbor matching contribution each payroll period equal to 100% of the first 4% of your pre-tax or Roth salary deferral contributions, plus 50% of the next 2%, up to a maximum of 5% of your salary. Employees enjoy immediate 100% vesting of all funds (employee deferral and Employer Safe Harbor Matching Contributions) from date of eligibility.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care) – Our flexible spending accounts allow our employees to defer pretax dollars for certain eligible dependent care and health care expenses.
- Commuter Benefits – Our commuter benefits allow our employees to defer pretax dollars for certain eligible parking and mass transit or vanpool expenses.
- Vacation – Employees start accruing 15 days per year on the first year of employment.
- Sick Time – Employees accrue 1 sick day per month, up to 160 hours maximum.
- Paid Holidays – Tides acknowledges 10 holidays per year.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Tides employees and their eligible dependents can access Luma, a Digital Counseling Solution & Resources which combines technology, counseling, self-help tools, life balance resources, and compassionate human interaction all in one place.
The above information is intended as a brief outline of the employee benefits program provided by Tides. Tides reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefits and/or benefits plans with or without notice.