Artists and storytellers are an integral part of creating social change—you help illustrate messages, draw connections, and make our movements more compelling and beautiful. It is in this spirit, that we invite poster submissions from artists, graphic designers and anyone in the Tides community in celebration of our 35th Anniversary (self-taught artists and amateur designs are very welcome). Submissions can be drawn from any area of Tides’ issue areas, reflect on building community for social change, or offer visions for a more just and sustainable world.
Finalists and Prizes
The winning artist will:
- Have their design produced in a limited edition print and featured prominently on the Tides website,
- Receive a cash prize of $500,
- Receive an invitation to the Social Justice Artists’ Convening on Wednesday, September 21, 2011, and
- Be featured in NYFA’s artist spotlight,
- Be a featured presenter in an upcoming Tides Learning Community event.
All finalists in the contest will be featured in the Seed Gallery at the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco and selected entries may appear on the Tides website and other publicity materials.
Submit Your Design
Submissions should be sent via email to [email protected], as a JPG no larger than 1724 pixels at 72 dpi resolution. Finalists will be asked to submit original, high-resolution, or camera- ready work.
Deadline: August 15, 2011
Peace sign image via Flickr: Mr_CRO, adapted under Creative Commons license.