Fiscally Sponsored Project
Better Care Network
New York, New York, United States
Better Care Network (BCN) is an international network of organizations committed to supporting children without adequate family care around the world. BCN works by fostering collaboration, research and information sharing on family strengthening and alternative care, and advocating for changes to national, regional, and global policies to improve children’s care situations.
The mission of the BCN is to facilitate active information exchange and collaboration on the issue of children without adequate family care and advocate for technically sound policy and programmatic action on global, regional, and national levels in order to:
– Reduce instances of separation and abandonment of children;
– Reunite children outside family care with their families, wherever possible and appropriate;
– Increase, strengthen, and support family and community-based care options for children;
– Establish international and national standards for all forms of care for children without adequate family care and mechanisms for ensuring compliance; and
– Ensure that residential institutions are used in a very limited manner and only when appropriate.